Friday, September 29, 2023 / by Ryan De La Uz
Woodbridge NJ is a township located in Middlesex County, New Jersey, with a population of around 100,000 people. The township is known for its diverse range of activities and attractions, including shopping centers, parks, and cultural centers. In this guide, we will explore the top attractions and activities in Woodbridge NJ, the best places to eat and drink, as well as tips for living in the area and getting around.
Top Attractions and Activities in Woodbridge NJ
- Woodbridge Center Mall: This popular shopping center features over 200 stores and restaurants, making it a great destination for a day of shopping and dining.
- Menlo Park Mall: Another large shopping mall in Woodbridge NJ, the Menlo Park Mall has a wide range of stores and dining options.
- Avenel Performing Arts Center: This state-of-the-art performance venue hosts a variety of shows and events throughout the year, including plays, musicals, and concerts.
- Rahway River Park: This 412-acre park offers a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking trails, picnic areas, and a playground.
- Raritan Bay Waterfront Park: This waterfront park offers stunning views of the Raritan Bay and is a great spot for fishing, kayaking, and picnicking.
Best Places to Eat and Drink in Woodbridge NJ
- Seabra's Marisqueira: This popular Portuguese restaurant offers a variety of fresh seafood dishes and has been a local favorite for over 30 years.
- Woodbridge Proper: This gastropub offers a variety of craft beers and tasty pub fare, including burgers and mac and cheese.
- Bagel Time Cafe: This family-owned bagel shop is a must-visit for breakfast lovers, with a wide range of bagels, sandwiches, and coffee drinks.
- Marino's Deli: This Italian deli has been serving up delicious sandwiches, salads, and pasta dishes for over 50 years.
- Harvest Moon Brewery & Cafe: This brewery and restaurant offers a variety of craft beers and tasty dishes made with locally sourced ingredients.
Living in Woodbridge NJ: Housing, Schools, and Safety
- Housing: Woodbridge NJ offers a range of housing options, from single-family homes to apartments and townhouses.
- Schools: Woodbridge NJ is served by several school districts, including Woodbridge Township School District and Iselin School District. The area also has a number of private schools, including St. James School and St. Anthony of Padua School.
- Safety: Overall, Woodbridge NJ is a safe place to live, with a crime rate that is lower than the national average. The township has a police department that is dedicated to ensuring the safety of its residents.
How to Get to Woodbridge NJ
- By car: Woodbridge NJ is located near several major highways, including the Garden State Parkway, the New Jersey Turnpike, and Route 1. If you are traveling from New York City, take the Lincoln Tunnel or the Holland Tunnel to the New Jersey Turnpike South, then take exit 11 for Woodbridge.
- By public transportation: Woodbridge NJ is served by NJ Transit buses and trains. The township has two train stations, the Woodbridge Station and the Avenel Station, both of which offer service on the Northeast Corridor Line.
Woodbridge NJ is a diverse and vibrant township with a wide range of attractions, dining options, and housing choices. Whether you are visiting for the day or planning to move to the area, this guide has everything you need to know to make the most of your time in Woodbridge NJ. From shopping at the Woodbridge Center Mall to enjoying a show at the Avenel Performing Arts Center, there is something for everyone in this lively township.